Wednesday, July 28, 2010

OMG

A couple of months ago, the Gekko's went through the summer concert schedule and couldn't find a lot of shows we were interested in seeing.

The Lovely Mrs. Gekko suggested we go to the John Mayer show. Both of us like John Mayer as a guitar player, not so much as a pop star, so I was hesitant to see one of his shows because of the potential teeny bopper crowd.

None the less, we drug Midas along with us and it was about what I expected. Let me describe the crowd with this text message exchange


You.............. So how was the show?

Average person at the Mayer show.......... OMG I wuz sooo wasted.

That gives you an idea of the crowd demographic.

Regardless, I spent most of the night trying to stay hydrated with anything that would give me a brain freeze.

Mayer can flat out play. He did an awesome cover of Ain't no Sunshine mix with Wrapped Around My Finger and the guitar solo on Gravity when he laid his axe on the ground and played it like a steel guitar.

He also got a couple of good jabs in at Lady Gaga and U2.

We probably won't see Mayer again until this crew of fans turns into parents and their kids go to the show screaming OMG...........

No comments: