Monday, July 19, 2010

Should your congressman fear you?

I don't condone violence against a politician but after reading this, I started to wonder why shouldn't your government face as much fear from the voters as a voter can fear from the government.

Let's face it, a government who can arbitrarily take money it has no legal claim to should expect some violence in return.

Think about it, the government can take assets it doesn't have title to (and face no repercussions) but if Wesley Snipes denies the government his money he gets to spend three years in the can. By the way, they won't be guarding him with squirt guns and silly string.

We face the same thing is this country with asset seizure laws; whereby the state doesn't have to prove your assets were acquired illegally, they can just show up with their guns and take your crap.

Or how about mandatory health insurance where you face potential imprisonment for not buying a product from a private entity.

Mrs. Gekko and I go to a lot of festivals where we are inevitably solicited by a politician. From now on, I'm going to start taking my wallet out of my pocket and demanding that politician have the balls to take it from me.

My guess is that they will inevitably refuse and then I'm going to verbally harass them for not having the balls to take it from me directly but passively anesthetizing the process by hiding behind "the law".

In fact, I think tea partiers should start getting their way into some of these political rallies and start pelting politicians with velcro wallets as a statement about the uncontrolled theft being perpetrated by our government.

This summer let's make our congress people as uncomfortable as the clown in the previous video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about throwing $10, in quarters.