Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Obama Does Not Want States To Have Individual Laws For Illegal Immigration

Let me make sure I have this right.

If I get pulled over for speeding, I am required to provide an officer with 1) my driver's license 2) proof of insurance and 3) auto registration

I have a concealed carry permit. If I am pulled over and I am carrying, I am required to give the officer notice of where my weapon is and provide him with my license.

If I am pulled over involuntarily at a DUI check point I am required to provide a license and proof of insurance. Keep in mind, a DUI checkpoint involves no suspicion of an offense what so ever.

A couple of weeks ago when the Gekko's closed on a refinance we were required to provide a photo ID to the closing agent.

Yet somehow if you have none of these documents when asked to provide them and the officer asks you for your legal status, you are profiling. And, of course, if agree with such a law, you are xenophobic racist.

Obama and company can bite me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually you have to present your concealed carry license even if you aren't carrying--at least that's what the courthouse told me. If I give my license and they run my info and see I have a concealed carry permit and I didn't present it, they would likely reapproach the vehicle with their weapon drawn asking where it is. You're better off giving them your permit up front and letting them know you don't have a weapon on you.