Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We report, you decide

Voter Fraud or incompetence.............

I never "early-vote" because voting on Nov. 2 is like Christmas to me. It's symbolic, I like the day, I get all jazzed to go do it and I wear my "I voted" sticker on my forehead for the whole day. I've always been suspicious of early voting. Why give the crooks 2 whole weeks to pull off their ballot stuffing? One day is time enough! Make them scramble, I say. But this year I noticed an early voting sign at the village and I decided I had the time and, being a busy mom, who knows what my Nov. 2 will look like this year. So I tried to vote. This was the beginning of a crazy chain of events that are still unfolding. Warning: The following may make your head explode.

"I'd like to vote please," I said to the girl behind the window. After checking my drivers license, an act which shocked me since I didn't think anyone checked IDs anymore when voting, I was denied due to "not being in the system." The rather cranky and dour girl at the village reluctantly called the Will County Clerk to find out what happened since I remembered registering in April at the Midlothian DMV. The Will County Clerk said they had no record of it and if I wanted to vote I would have to drive a half hour out of my way to the Clerk's office in Will County and register AGAIN and vote there before the 26th of Oct. If I had waited until November 2, I am not sure if I would have been denied my vote entirely, but that's what it sounded like. (Can one vote if one is not registered?)
It's why I'll never change my registration from democratic.

Read the whole thing.........

No comments: