Monday, April 09, 2012

Gender equity

Here's a free tax tip for you Ohio readers, it's is often more favorable for a married couple to file separate returns when both spouses work.

The joint filing credit the state offers to married individuals is a joke and does not nearly offset the marriage penalty residents pay when filing jointly.

With that said, while I was churning out tax returns on Easter Sunday, I decided to run a report off of my database to show the incomes of husbands and wives on my system.

Now for sure, this is not a true scientific sampling but I don't know what would make my client base an outlier to one.

So let's play a game. Give me the over under on how much more men make in my practice than women.

If you are to believe the leaders of the "masculist" movement, women make only 80 cents on the dollar male counterparts make.

So give me the over/under on the disparity?

I'll report the results on Thursday.

No comments: