Friday, April 13, 2012

"I am my brothers keeper"

A few weeks ago, The One blessed us with this platitude

“These are all fabrications that have been put out there in order to discourage people from meeting what I consider to be a core ethical and moral obligation: that is, that we look out for one another; that is, I am my brother’s keeper, I am my sister’s keeper. And in the wealthiest nation in the world right now we are neglecting to live up to that call.”

But has anyone in the media called out The One for his generosity towards his family members, especially his half brothers and sisters in Kenya?

Now the POTUS and VOTUS have released their tax returns do you think anyone will challenge Joe Biden for the paltry 1.5% he donated to charity last year?

But give the guy credit. Someone must have whispered in his ear and said "giving $300 a year isn't good PR" because he did ratchet up his donations to $5,500 this year.

But don't forget this guy gets free room and board as well as a full security detail on his principle home in Delaware. If those items were taxable (which they would be for any other profession), his percentage would be even more paltry.

As a tax preparer I generally don't judge people on the charitable donations because many people support family members or family friends that don't count as a tax deduction.

But I have no problem calling bullshit on a president and vice-president who want to call me stingy because I'm not all that fired up about paying more taxes for our government to waste.

I just wonder when the liberal media types are going to call out these clowns for the hypocrites they are.

No comments: