Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sh*t liberals run - education

I graduated from college in 1986.

Back then, there were Pell Grants and student loans but tuition was affordable for most students who could work a part time job during the school year. I had many a friend who lived at home and paid for their tuition working some low rent job around the city.

I consider myself fortunate. I had a tuition and fees track scholarship and a great summer job that would usually pay my living expenses until about April/May when my parents would help me out for the rest of the school year.

Since then, we've had expansions in all these programs and can anyone say that college is more affordable today than it was back then? Is it possible that the more money the feds have thrown at education the more expensive it has become?

Mark Perry has a excellent series of higher education posts on his blog and this one stands out the most...............



Maybe the solution is to starve this beast rather than feeding it.

More.....







No comments: