- Energizer, which is restructuring its company, and as a result, announced it expects to lose about 1,500 jobs.
- Boeing, who expects to shrink their executive staff by roughly 30% at the Boeing Defense, Space & Security unit.
- US Cellular, who is moving manufacturing plants out of Chicago, and as a result will cut roughly 640 jobs in the area. Overall, the company estimates it will cut 980 jobs, about 12% of its workforce.
- Power tool giant Husqvarna, who is cutting around 600 jobs, a move that they expect will save them roughly $33 million per year.
- Darden Restaurants, which owns popular chains like the Olive Garden, Red Lobster and Longhorn Steakhouse. They are expected to cut back the hours their employees work to 28 hours per week. The Obamacare law defines full time employees as working 30 hours a week. The law requires full time employees to have employe-provided healthcare, or the company must pay a fine.
- Murray energy corp will layoff more than 120 employees to avoid expenses due to Obama regulations and taxes
- Welch Allen will layoff 275 employees (10% of their workforce) as a “pro-active response” to taxes in Obamacare
- Dana Holding Group – auto parts manufacturer will make numerous cuts in response to $24 million in costs due to Obamacare
- Stryker will be eliminating 5% of its workforce (1,170 jobs) due to additional taxes in Obamacare
- Boston Scientific will be dropping between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs and shifting operations to China to avoid Obamacare taxes
- Smith & Nephew will drop 770 jobs
- U.S. Cellular will eliminate 980 jobs
- UtahAmerican Energy will cut a huge number of jobs as “204 American coal-fired plants” are shut down by 2014 – basically maiming the coal-mining industry
- Lockheed Martin is expected to notify 123,000 employees of coming layoffs
- Consol Energy to layoff 145 employees
- much, much more coming…
Read the rest...........