Monday, November 05, 2012

Romney...........the smart choice

Last week, I drove through my old neighborhood of Madisonville.

If you are not familiar with Cincinnati geography, Madisonville is a fairly shitty area of town. It was not unusual for me to go to my local convenient store and see a sign that would read "Closed, due to neighborhood unrest".

Needless to say, that area was peppered with Obama/Biden signs.

On my drive back to my palatial office in Loveland, I drove through Indian Hill. Now Indian Hill is probably the wealthiest area of Cincinnati. In this neighborhood, 90 percent of the signs were pro Romney.

Now it's easy to entertain the idea that rich people vote republican to protect their wealth from taxes. But consider that, because they've made the right decisions in life, they're rich and voting republican is just one of those good decisions.

Think about it.

How many rich people do you know with tattoos up their neck?
How many rich people didn't finish high school, college, etc.?
How many rich people have children out of wedlock?
How much money do rich people devote to booze, drugs, lottery tickets, cigarettes?
How many rich people, when they make a mistake, repeat that same mistake 2,3,4 or 5 times?

I went through the roster of the Gekko family. The Lovely Mrs. Gekko is one of 10 kids. I am one of five.

Along with spouses and significant others we have 25 workers.

During all this economic turn down, we have had three people hit the unemployment line. None for a prolonged period of time. Two of them were from reorganizations. One was employed during the Nevada real estate crash.

What makes this group special.

Nothing.

We all just did what we were told to do in life. We went to school. We didn't commit crime. We didn't knock up a bunch of honeys we couldn't afford. Only one has more than one tattoo (she's a democrat as well). I don't think we have a drug addict and/or alcoholic in the bunch.

In other words, we make good decisions.

And Romney will probably take this group of 25 by a 20-5 rout.

Keep in mind, that none of these people are rich. Lord knows that I'm not. We weren't born into wealth either. But what most of us realize is what works and what doesn't. And it's clear that democratic policies don't work and this group won't be supporting them.

Rarely in a group do I consider myself the smartest person in the room. But I make up for that by watching what smart people do and emulating it.

So if you want your country to look like Madisonville, feel free to vote for the candidate of dumb asses. If you want something different, you'll do what I did, move away from the dumb asses and vote for the smart choice.


No comments: