Monday, May 14, 2007

Secure Borders?

If this is true every congressman, senator and president as well as INS official should be canned immediately.

Apparently, three of the terrorists involved in the planned Ft. Dix attacks were smuggled in by their parents through Mexico.

I've never been an anti-immigration protectionist, but I'm a believer in having a border because it's what makes us the US. If there is no border, we might as well be, well...... France.

I've mentioned this in the past and I'll pound on it again. I was at a ball game and a beer vendor in the stands was required to scan my driver's license to buy a beer (it provided him with a name and age info). If it's that easy, it should be easy enough to require this for employment clearing houses, airline tickets, voting, etc.

But unfortunately, nothing will happen because we have a potential huge voting block the everyone covets. When is someone going to covet the voting block that's actually allow to vote legally?

No comments: