Monday, September 24, 2007

Shut Up Chad!

As I've mentioned in past posts, I'm not much of a Bengal's fan. I'll watch their games, since it's usually a comedy of errors, but I don't get nuts like the 65,000 clowns that show up down at PBS. But, I would think that even many of those diehards are getting tired of the Chad Johnson dog and pony act. Maybe #85 needs to take some acting lessons from Seattle's Nate Burleson.

A voice mail Seattle sportswriters didn't receive last week:

"Hey [fill in the blank], this is Ocho Uno. I just wanted to remind you to pay attention Sunday because I'm going to be carving up the Cincinnati Bengals' secondary.

"Look out, Ocho Uno is going to be all over the field, catching passes, punishing defensive backs, getting more face time on CBS than Katie Couric."

No, Ocho Uno doesn't play that game.

Nate Burleson, the Seahawks' No. 81, follows the advice his mother gave him a long time ago. He calls it, "The Three H's." Humility. Heart. Hunger.

Johnson sent all the self-promoting voice mails to Seattle sportswriters last week.

Burleson just caught the winning TD pass.

Johnson taped phone messages leading up to game day.

Burleson watched game tape.

More...

No comments: