Sunday, September 23, 2007

Celebrate greatness

This morning I received a generous email from a reader who likes the blog. Below is an excerpt of the email.

I'm a strong conservative Cincinnatian myself. Agree with 100% of your posts. Particularly on taxes, anti-Hillary, and Cincinnati self-inflicted blight. I live on the west side with my wife and 2 boys. Many of my business associates are of the same mindset. The conservative movement needs a forum for the grassroots that can be accessed by people who have jobs

The fact of the matter is blogging is the only venue for the conservative, working stiff.

Why?

Think about your local news. What kind of "news" would it be if this were a headline.....

"90% of all men went to work this morning, came home, took interest in their wives and kids and want a better life for their kids then they had."

You wouldn't be on the air long.

Instead we have a culture built around the absurd.

When will Maury Povich have this show on....

"Wife claims DNA matches the father's and he agrees"

Or Springer

"Husbands who don't go to strippers because they have a kid's recital to go to and the wives who love them"

Doesn't make for ratings.

It reminds of a Nightline show a couple of weeks after Katrina. Ted Koppel was walking through neighborhoods ravaged by the flooding, and there was a guy cleaning up his lot of debris.

Ted asked him what he was doing and the guy popped back "Ted, I'm a Republican, when you have a mess, you clean it up, that's just what we do".

Compare the attention this guy got compared to the people sitting on rooftops just waiting and waiting for someone to bail them out.

So if I do anything in this blog but celebrate all the guys busting their asses during the week and providing for their families and at the same time calling out all the ding dong and derelicts on this earth who take more pride in being part of the problem instead of part of the solution, then I will always be proud of this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But I am conservative and I like strippers.