Monday, November 12, 2007

Why you can't trust bureaucrats

Let's assume I'm passionate about a certain problem I perceive in the world. Say, Irish-American alcoholism. Let's also assume I'm passionate about it because all of my relatives seem to drink a lot at family events. They also seem to do things like sing and dance while inebriated and they're really not as good as they think they are.

Because I'm passionate about the issue, I'm always looking for ways to solve the "problem", perceived or not, by the general public.

Now let's assume I talk a congressman into funding some studies into the impact of drinking in the Irish American community. How do you think that study is going to shake out?

I'd bet your life on the outcome and the outcome won't be "no problem". Oh you can bet there's going to be a problem and the bigger the problem the better.

The same is true on this whole global warming caca.

Do you really think that the head of any agency titled Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change is going to come out with a report stating the climate is all hunky dory? That's a non starter for some bureaucrat seeking to suck off the government tit.

The report is due this week. I won't need to read it to know what it's going to say.

No comments: