Sunday, March 23, 2008

I got my "Boss Button"

Last night. Mrs. Gekko and I went down to US bank arena for the Springsteen show.

I went whole hog on the tickets (on the floor) because, as big of a Springsteen fan I am, I've never actually seen his show. I still cringe from the 1984 tour where I had tickets but couldn't see the show as a result of The incident(s).

We were a little disappointed that the Boss didn't play some classics like Rosalita, Thunder Road, Jungleland, but he still played some classics, Born to Run, Glory days, Candy's Room, She's the One, Prove it all Night, Badlands.

Some other thoughts.

1) Bruce buddy, the average ticket was over a hundred bucks, do yourself a favor and spring for a $1.49 comb.

2) The political stuff was OK, but FISA? Bruce you are from NJ; if you're going to rail on government intrusion I think RICO is your law.

3) How is it that this county spent 1 billion dollars on stadiums and the only thing we have to host a big concert like Springsteen or and NCAA tournament game is a dump named US Bank Arena? What a shit hole. The last time I was in that arena, I swore I'd never go back. This time I mean it.

Why would anyone associate their name with that dump?

4) That girl the Boss pulled up on stage during Dancing in the Dark was a great dancer; she put Courtney Cox to shame.

5) To the Aronoff Center, you need to re book that Queen tribute band. Mrs. Gekko and I want to see it.

6) A big time hangover is no way to spend Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duke loses to Bob Huggins in the NCAA's, you actually make it to see The Boss, IU is on it's way to NCAA sanctions, Coach Knight is a hit on TV......what the hell is going on here???? Is this the year of the Cubs??????

Never mind.

Steve Bartman