Monday, May 19, 2008

Don't make him mad

Obamania is upset and warns the GOP to not bring his wife into the campaign.
Republicans seem to have come to the same conclusion and a GOP Internet campaign in Tennessee has an ad featuring Michelle Obama's comments during the long Democratic campaign that "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country."

Michelle Obama was asked about the ad on "GMA," but her husband said, "Let me just interject on this."

"The GOP, should I be the nominee, I think can say whatever they want to say about me, my track record," Obama said. "I've been in public life for 20 years. I expect them to pore through everything that I've said, every utterance, every statement. And to paint it in the most undesirable light possible. That's what they do."

"But I do want to say this to the GOP. If they think that they're going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful. Because that I find unacceptable," he said.

First, if she's on the campaign trail, she's fair game. I've said that about Chelsea and prominent political family members, if they campaign they're fair game. If they don't campaign they are off limits. Michelle's actively campaigning for her husband. What she says matters.

Second, what's big tough Barry going to do if they bring her up, make us all eat arugula? Make us talk about our feelings? Force us to shop at Whole Foods?

Finally, I thought Obamania was all about bringing us all together? How is it he can reach out to Hamas but not republicans?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing that all you have to do is open a youtube of a liberal proudly giving a speech. That by itself is considered by liberals to be an attack. How thin skinned are these people? And they want to run the military?