Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The humility candidate

From the Washington Post blog
In his closed door meeting with House Democrats this evening, presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama delivered a real zinger. According to a witness, he was waxing lyrical about last week's trip to Europe, when he concluded, "this is the moment, as Nancy [Pelosi] noted, that the world is waiting for."

The 200,000 souls who thronged to his speech in Berlin came not just for him, he told the enthralled audience of congressional representatives.

"I have become a symbol of the possibility of America returning to our best traditions," he said.

Well, at least we won't ever accuse him of being the symbol of political humility.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never loved a taxman before, but I may start now.

Keep posting, you're a breath of fresh air.

I can honestly say that I have never been so unsettled and concerned about a Presidential election in my lifetime, and I am 48. Obama and his cult members scare the living crap out of me.

gordon gekko said...

It sounds like I'm the one you've been waiting for....

Oh sorry. I've read to much Obamamania stuf.