Saturday, August 02, 2008

Amenities in "Progress" City


My buddy John in Northside made it point to inform me of the wonderful amenities for city dwellers after I ridiculed the city for not having a movie theater to watch The Dark Knight.

The city has all these wonderful amenities like the opera, symphony, Bengals, etc.

He forgot to mention 24/7 drugs and sex.

From the Enquirer.....

"Drugs & Sex For Sale 24/7."

That's his take on what's happening night and day on the sidewalks and pavement of Churchill Avenue.

The sign's fine print includes an SOS:

"Please help us, call Cincinnati City Council."

The sign is in orange and black, Bengals colors.

"I wanted to show my civic pride," Wallen said as he stood back to admire the sign hanging from his apartment building's second-floor porches. "I love this city."

A contractor by trade, Wallen unfurled the sign Friday in an effort to clean up Churchill. He's tired of the drug-dealing and prostitution polluting the neighborhood and driving away his tenants.

"I have six apartments. Only one is still rented," Wallen said. "My other tenant is moving out today."

Man, I wonder if i can petition the republican dominated suburb I live in to provide us with these amenities?

No comments: