Saturday, September 20, 2008

The world's smallest violin

The WSJ had an article yesterday (unfortunately not online) titled "The Finest Foreclosures."

It's basically a run down of multi million dollar homes currently in foreclosure.

But what caught my interest was the opening story.
In 2003, Robert Provost snapped up a 2.5 million dollar villa with its own boat dock in Sarasota Fla. A finance chief for an auto-sales chain, Mr. Provost earned more than $250,000 a year and had an impeccable credit history.

Then he lost his job. Mr. Provost missed one $10,500 mortgage payment, then another, This month, the 53 year old put his house on the market for 3.4 million dollars.

Now am I supposed to cry crocodile tears for this douche bag?

He bought a home over 10 times his annual income; his monthly mortgage payment was over 1/2 his pre tax monthly income; he's a finance manager and now, not only do I, as a taxpayer, have to bail out the morons who loaned him the money, I also need to sympathize with this pile of excrement?

This dude knew the game he was getting into; he was trying to buy a big ass house flip it, make a million, and buy another big ass house.

But there's more....
"A foreclosure would be devastating" he says, "My wife and I would have to start from scratch."

I'll tell you what you a-hole, my wife and I started from scratch and we're still scratching and we didn't get the benefit of living in a 2.3 million dollar home while we were scratching.

This clown can bite me.

No comments: