Monday, February 09, 2009

Doing the POTUS

So the NY Times is coming out with a hard hitting expose on the president. Question. Is the Times piece on

a) The ethics, or lack there of of his cabinet nominees?
b) His leadership, or lack there of, on the porkulus bill?
c) All the babes that want to do the guy?

If you answered c you would be correct......

The other night I dreamt of Barack Obama. He was taking a shower right when I needed to get into the bathroom to shave my legs, and then he was being yelled at by my husband, Max, for smoking in the house. It was not clear whether Max was feeling protective of the president’s health or jealous because of the cigarette.

The other day a friend of mine confided that in the weeks leading up to the election, the Obamas’ apparent joy as a couple had made her just miserable. Their marriage looked so much happier than hers. Their life seemed so perfect. “I was at a place where I was tempted daily to throttle my husband,” she said. “This coincided with Michelle saying the most beautiful things about Barack. Each time I heard her speak about him I got tears in my eyes — because I felt so far away from that kind of bliss in my own life and perhaps even more, because I was so moved by her expressions of devotion to him. And unlike previous presidential couples, they are our age, have children the same age and (just imagine the stress of daily life on the campaign) by all accounts should have been fighting even more than we were.”


No word yet on whether Andrew Sullivan wants to do the president. Oh sorry, I guess that came out last year.

More here if you can take it.......

No comments: