Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Blame it on Bush

Last night, the lovely Mrs. Gekko wanted to watch the Biography on Freddie Mercury, the deceased front man of the band Queen.

I quit watching Biography a long time ago since I'm not big on watching celebrity bio's. None the less, I was a Queen fan so what the hell.

It was a poorly put together program all the way around. At one point, I told Mrs. Gekko I was going to count the number of times they showed Mercury wearing this one bathrobe costume (5 from the time I started counting).

But this was the kicker to whole show. This one clown claimed that big corporate radio stations run by George Bush backers quit playing Queen when Mercury came out.

Huh?

Freddie Mercury died in 1991. He came out in the late eighties. Even if you want to blame it on Bush Sr., how do you explain Judas Priest getting air play. Don't they have gay front man as well?

Could it be that Queen hadn't really done anything of substance for at least five years prior to Mercury's death?

I was so disgusted I decided to go to bed and watch the season finale of Law & Oder SVU only to see NBC news perform the equivalent of a news Lewinsky on Obama.

Geez guys, at least wipe the stuff off your face before you tell The One about that tingly thing up your leg.

Bad night of TV.

No comments: