Monday, June 01, 2009

Where's the mercy rule?

More evidence that the Big Eleven is the most overrated sports conference in college sports......
In the middle of their historical rout of Ohio State at Dick Howser Stadium, ESPN networks and radio already were breaking in to their regularly scheduled programming to report the score. As hard as it was to believe, it wasn't a misprint. It wasn't a typo. It wasn't a mistake. The Florida State baseball team won 37-6.

"I never thought I'd see a game like this," said winning pitcher Mike McGee. "It was an eventful day. I don't know. It was crazy. I never thought I would play in something like that."

McGee went into the fifth inning with an unfathomable 32-0 lead.

"There's never been a lead like that, that I can remember," FSU coach Mike Martin said.


Aaaahhhhh, the sweet ping of a college baseball bat.........

More....

No comments: