Monday, September 14, 2009

Bengals game wrap up

If you ever wanted to read a more poetic piece about the play of the Bengals read this......

When I was in the eighth grade, I went to a school dance with Kelly Rovner. People told me I was out of my league, yet I built up enough courage to ask her to the dance. Our evening was going well. I executed the gameplan to perfection....a nice pre-dance meal at Pizza Hut, carefully using all of my pre-rehearsed lines, I was even holding my own on the dance the floor. As the night reached it's conclusion, I reveled in actually pulling off what many had thought impossible: a succesful date with one of the 10-15 best looking 13 year-olds in the school. I also considered my move. Me being 13 and not well versed in the art of making advances on girls (a trend that would continue deep into adulthood), I selected "grab her butt" among the various playcalls in my final-song-of-the-night gameplan. As "One More Try" by Timmy T blared across the gym, I grabbed my handful and waited for her response. After a brief delay, it came: a full-on, toe-first, direct-contact kick to my balls that sent shockwaves throughout my entire body, and amounts of pain that if I think hard enough, I can still feel.

I felt exactly the same way as I watched Brandon Stokely tiptoe the sideline today at PBS.


Of course I can't gloat a whole lot. Being a Bears fan I was looking forward to watching them play with a real quarterback for the first time since leather helmets disappeared. I didn't realize that Jay Cutler was hurt and they replaced him with Rick Mirer, Jim Miller, Bob Avellini, Vince Evans, Steve Fuller, Doug Flutie, Peter Tom Willis, Cade McNown, etc.

Read Mo's blog here



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cutler just threw another interception......
Bartman