Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thank you for nothing

I know the media has a non legal policy of not naming rape victims in the course of their stories. But maybe they could consider not printing the names of the accused after charges have been dropped because the witness lied..........

The men arrested on the rape charges were Hofstra student Bedward, 21, Felipe, 19, and Jesus , 19, all of the Bronx; and Taveras.

All had been charged with five counts of first-degree rape.

Outside the jail just before 11 Wednesday night, Felipe said he wants to move on.

"I don't even have any hard feelings," he said. "I am happy to be alive. To be a caged animal when you are not guilty is the worst."

But he added, "I'm 19. I have my whole life in front of me, and suddenly it was all over. I was facing 5 to 25 years in jail."

As for what he's going to do next, Taveras was concerned about his job. "I'm going to try to get my job back. HR called me and left a message, but I never got it because I was locked up."


FYI (I edited out the accused full names)

No where in the article did the person leveling the false accusations get her name printed.

The good news is anytime someone wants to know something about these guys a google search will always bear this accusation. That probably works well for them with potential employers and dates.

More....

No comments: