Monday, July 12, 2010

The World Cup is over

Just so no one could confuse me of being one of those bourgeois Americans who won't give soccer a chance, I watched the World Cup final yesterday. Besides I needed a nap after my honey do list anyway.

Prior to this tournament, I was pretty much indifferent to soccer. After watching about six games, including yesterday's final, I'm convinced that soccer was the EU before the EU became popular.

Soccer is the equivalent of sports masturbation; lot's of moving around but really not a lot of accomplishment when you're done.

I think I now know why everyone's playing with their vuvuzelas during the game.

By the way, call me a racist, but doesn't every Dutch soccer player look just like Joran van der Sloot?

None the less, I now put the World Cup in the same class as a cicada invasion; it shows up on some type of cycle measured in years, makes incessant annoying humming sounds, it's the lead conversation for about four weeks and it disappears by mid July.

Now we can get back to real sports.......like Lebron's reality show.

No comments: