Friday, November 12, 2010

A business proposition

I am currently putting together a business plan that will upgrade our current transportation systems.

Why?

Because I'm sure that there's a big market segment who are fed up with traveling by air.

With the busiest holiday travel season nearing, fliers face long security lines and new rigorous patdown checks begun in recent weeks aimed at discovering hidden explosives. As a result, some travelers are questioning whether to fly at all.

The Transportation Security Administration has ramped up airport security after two plots by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula. A Nigerian man hid a bomb in his underwear last Christmas and the group tried to send package bombs via U.S. cargo carriers but none of the explosives detonated.

To thwart such attacks, TSA is deploying body scanning machines to U.S. airports but travelers and pilots have complained about potential health risks and that they are too intrusive. The alternative is a physical patdown by a TSA officer.

"Pilots are not the terrorist threat," said John Prater, president of the Air Line Pilots Association and a veteran pilot for United Continental. "Seeing scarce security resources being used on pilots makes absolutely no sense."


Here's my idea. We buy up a whole bunch of used cattle semi trailers, retro fit them to haul people and move people that way.

You may be asking yourself "wouldn't those be a little stinky"? Of course they would, but it couldn't be worse than the last two passengers I've sat next to on a plane.

You may be also asking yourself "what about the speed"? The last time I flew to Orlando with the Lovely Mrs. Gekko, we left our home at 4:30 in the morning to be in Ocala by 4:00 in the afternoon. I've driven it faster plus I got to have my gun at my side & eat/drink when we wanted,.

If you think that you'd be missing the whole flight experience we can add amenities like cavity searches, stolen items from your luggage, a 1 ounce bag of trail mix (no peanuts of course), long stays on tarmacs, background checks, etc.

I think it's a no doubter. If you want to invest, just let me know.

More.....

No comments: