This building is the poster child of government in action.
I lived on the 22nd floor of this building, the last year it was open as a dorm.
After a fire nearly killed a student, the school decided that the building needed another stairwell.
After the stairwell was installed at a cost more than the original construction, asbestos was discovered.
Once the asbestos was abated at a cost in the millions, the school decided the building was still a dump and imploded it.
Fortunately, I was upwind when it went down.
I can't believe it's been 20 year since I attended the implosion and 30 since I lived in it.