Thursday, August 30, 2007

Where's the crime?

I've had my share of fun with senator Larry "Knock Three Times" Craig regarding his latest difficulty.

But now that the dust has settled I have to ask; Where's the crime?

Are you telling me that if I'm in a bathroom stall and tap my foot, slide it over, and then put my fingers underneath the wall, that's a crime?

Well Gordon, it's an obvious solicitation for a lewd act.

It is? I had no idea until now that was a signal for a lewd act. In fact, prior to this week, I probably would have thought it was a signal to borrow my sports page.

What if I'm in the stall next to him and I accept his "signal" as an invitation and he looks at me and says he wants a guy who looks more like Kevin Spacey instead of Kevin James, is that a crime? Where's the actual "lewd act"?

If you've read this blog for a period of time, you know how I feel about these sex stings already. Now we have the thought police out there assuming you're committing a lewd act just because you're remembering a beat to a song and you have a "wide stance".

Just like Foley, his main offenses were creepy, not illegal. And if that were the standard by which we make things illegal, then Hillary, Obama and the Breck Girl would all be in jail today because they give me the creeps big time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The entire Democratic party gives me the hebe jebees.