Monday, August 06, 2007

X-games

Well it was too hot outside to do anything fun, so I thought I'd give the X-Games some time.

As I watched two guys almost kill themselves doing their "sport", I couldn't help but think that my definition of sports still stands.

If you have to judge it.... it's not a sport. I know that you figure skating fans out there will say. You can't do all the moves those people do on ice.

To which I would say, I couldn't drink as much whiskey as a Green Bay ice fisherman either, that doesn't make it a sport.

Just because it's hard doesn't make it a sport and judging leaves too much subjectivity in determining the winners. Too often, it's about reputation over performance. I guess that would make these sports for senators.

So I'll leave with this. You're not a sport unless you actually compete mano a mano or against a clock. No more "judging" things to determine winners... except for the NBA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count college football out as well....

Regards,

Alfonso Soriano