Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I guess it's "true" patriotism now


Obamania spotted wearing a flag pin.

Remember when Obamania made the claim
"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for, I think, true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest.

"Instead," Obama added rather grandiosely, "I'm going to try to tell.the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism."

Well I guess it's OK now for the messiah to wear one. Here's a report on his WV visit.
For only the second time in many weeks, Obama wore an American flag pin on his suit jacket. He has said he stopped wearing such pins routinely because he felt they became a substitute for ‘‘true patriotism’’ after the 2001 terrorist attacks. He recently wore a flag pin, for a day, given to him by a veteran. Campaign aides gave no explanation for Monday’s decision, except to say that sometimes Obama wears a flag pin and sometimes he does not.

It must be a fashion statement for the bitter, gun hugging, white guy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he fly an American Flag at his home? Does he believe that ...oh nevermind, I think I'll just be bitter.

Anonymous said...

Does he fly an American Flag at his home? Does he believe that ...oh nevermind, I think I'll just be bitter.

gordon gekko said...

I think his flag pin does have 57 or 58 states on it.

Anonymous said...

All the gun toteing West ByGods have kinda sent the BIG O a strong message. We're not buying into your phony crap. Probably still get the nod from the party, they don't want to appear racist.

gordon gekko said...

It's weird that Obamania gets endorsements from leaders in Venezuela, Nicaragua, the Occupied territories but can't seem to win a primary in WVA.

Who's the outsider here?