Thursday, August 07, 2008

Case closed

I watched some of the press conference yesterday about the anthrax mailings and, let me tell you, I'm not impressed.

The whole press conference consisted of not having specific evidence of anything yet the preponderance of the circumstantial evidence indicates that Ivins was the guy.

Yeah, I'm sure Stephen Hatfield and Richard Jewell have great confidence in that finding.

I'm not a conspiracy nut so I can believe in one perpetrator here. But this case would be weak if put in front of the jury. In addition, the WSJ (not exactly the National Enquirer) has a really good analysis of why Ivins couldn't have pulled this off. None of the questions raised in the piece were answered with the press conference.

None the less, case closed and here come the conspiracy nuts.

No comments: