Thursday, August 07, 2008
Red State - Blue State
As I was leaving the gym yesterday, I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt with the '04 red state - blue state map on it (above).
Below the map was the caption.
Blue - United States of America
Red - Dumbfuckistan
Questions for Mr. Liberal.
1) If all those blue states are so wonderful, why are people leaving them in droves?
2) What about the collective wisdom of 115,000 people who have left Cleveland, THIS DECADE. Are they all dumb fucks?
3) How is it that the red states are growing and prosperous in comparison to blue states? Is that the work of a bunch of dumb fucks?
4) Last night, I received a comment saying that the plight of urban America is a direct result of The Bush-Reagan governance. How is it that all these dumb fucks in the south have manage to make their states grow in the face of all things Bush and Reagan?
5) The last I checked, when New York filed bankruptcy, the country and the city were both run by democrats. How is it that the brain trust of liberals couldn't work their way out of it? How is it that Rudy (a republican), made that city work in the face of Bush - Reagan economics?
It's this special combination of ignorance and arrogance that makes your average "progressive" so wonderful to be around and makes our cities so wonderful to leave.