Monday, November 24, 2008

Little sweet Molly

Little Molly Sweeney shows why she is the product of a generation of kids who didn't keep soccer scores.

To quote little Molly....
For the first time in my life, I feel as if someone stands for me and my ideals, understands my hardships and wants to make my life and the lives of my generation better than those of our parents.

Barack Obama gives me hope that when I graduate from college, I will have a job and a place to start my life where I don't have to worry about not having enough money to eat or repay my school debts. Obama understands the importance of my education, and wants to help ensure that I can receive that education, thus bettering myself and bettering America.

You can go on to read the rest of her drivel here.....

What caught my eye was her bio at the end...
Molly Sweeney is a UC Davis sophomore working toward a triple major in political science, communications and international relations. She wants to be a war-zone correspondent and analyst of terrorist activities.
A triple major in poli sci, communication and international relations? Wouldn't it have been more efficient to have just majored in unemployment?

Seriously, did she do any research on the media job market before deciding on a major? If she's not hot, there's no hope of being a network war correspondent; just ask CBS slut Lara Logan.

Maybe she can go to the NY Times? Assuming they'll be out of bankruptcy by then.

Dear naive Molly, if you are worried about getting a job, let Uncle Gordon give you some advice that your parents were too afraid to (the same people too afraid to tell you your soccer team got its ass kicked)... CHANGE YOUR MAJOR(S) TO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE.

On a good note Molly, at least you won't have to worry about your mortgage payment when you get out of school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as I am footing the bill, no fluff degrees. Save that for when you are 50 and looking to "expand" your horizons. If your heart is set on it don't count on dad to fund it

rt. said...

Molly, are you serious? "War-zone correspondent"? There are less than 2 months until the BO is President, and you are still in school. At that time, we will sitting around with as global citizens, holding hands with our enemies, singing Kum-Buy-Yah.

So my dear Molly, its going to be kinda hard to be a war-zone correspondent without a war.

Gordo, it therefore stands to reason she is majoring in unemployment.

But according to the UC Davis contact information, Ms. Sweeney (aka 'Honey') may have been embellishing her ambitions somewhat. This link indicates she is an "Undeclared-Humanities" major. Perhaps the Bad Omen has inspired her?

This one is a lost cause. Her parents named her 'Honey', so you know she has been brain-washed from birth. Another blue voter for life, just like mom and ???.

But what irritates me is that we will be paying her school debts for her useless degrees, food, gas, and housing, etc.

gordon gekko said...

Anon - apparently her parents aren't footing the bill because The Messiah's going to pick up the tab.

rt.- that's hilarious. Thanks for the heads up on Honey.

Ben said...

RT

great call on war zone correspondent. Wont be needed anywhere in the world for at least 4 years now.

Anonymous said...

"It would be more efficient to major in unemployment."

That's pure gold, Gordon.


"...too afraid to tell you your soccer team got its ass kicked..."

Another gem. Keep this stuff coming. All great humor has an element of truth, and no truer words were ever spoken.

gordon gekko said...

Thanks

I appreciate the compliment.