Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Life in "Progress" city

If you are one of those "progressive" types, you believe "Redville" lacks all the amenities of city life; museums, pro sports teams, etc.

Maybe you're right after all, when I walk my dog out here in Christo-Fascist land (as one commenter calls it) I'm not going to get this.....

A mother shocked by seeing two half-naked men having sex while out walking the dogs with her daughter was told by police to take a different route in future.

Marie Cragg, 44, spoke of her disgust at the officers' reaction and said she feared the woodland beauty spot would be turned into a no-go area for ordinary members of the public.

The men seen by Miss Cragg and her 18-year-old daughter Jessica were stripped from the waist down and carried on with their activities even after they knew they had been spotted.

'I called the police and never heard anything back,' Miss Cragg said.

'Then later I was talking to the community officers, and they said they knew what goes on and I should change our walk.

'You should not have to see that, should you? They can go into the woods and go wherever they want - it's sick.

'They saw me and didn't care and just carried on. I could have been a childminder with kids. I would rather go past a gang of hoodies - they are making the place seedy.'

I guess that's an amenity we want out here in the 'burbs.

No comments: