Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank a Vet today

That's Veteran with a capital "V".

Veterans, those who personally made the sacrifice to delay their own immediate dreams to do something bigger like protect this country and all it represents.

As many know, I was a by product of the "hate the military" liberal, Vietnam, douche bag, protesters from the 1970's and early '80's. At the time, I had no appreciation for my right to "free speech". As a loud mouth liberal, I believed my speech was "free" to me because I gave nothing for it. I was entitled to it.

Now that I'm a born again conservative, I understand that nothing in life is "free". Someone always pays the price for my free speech and that person is a veteran.

You will always have my utmost respect for fighting the fight I wouldn't.

Thank You!

No comments: