Monday, November 02, 2009

Go Bearcats Go

UC is up to 4th in the latest AP poll.

If you are one of those college football fans who believes that UC is overrated I would ask; based on what? One of my friends said, "they haven't played anybody".

So I did some research. Here are the Sagarin ratings for all the D-I and D-II teams in the country. (the Sagarins are one of the polls used in the BCS)

Here are the number of teams the top ten have played in the top 30

Florida - 2 (LSU and Tennessee)
Oregon - 4 (USC, Boise State, Utah Cal)
Alabama - 2 (Va Tech, Tennessee)
Texas - 2 (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma)
TCU - 1 (Clemson)
Boise State - 1 (Oregon)
UC - 2 (South Florida, Oregon State)
Iowa - 3 (Penn State, Wisconsin, Arizona)
USC - 5 (Oregon, Oregon State, Ohio State, Cal, Notre Dame)
GaTech - 3 (Miami, Clemson, Virginia Tech)


So let me make sure I have this right. UC has played as many tough games as Alabama, Texas, and Florida but they "haven't played any body yet".

Just so you know, the two wins in the top thirty for the Cats were USF and Oregon State; both on the road. (UC also beat Fresno State currently sitting 32 in the Sagarin's).

Somehow, the Cats beat Oregon State by a heftier margin on the west coast than USC did at home.

Well, Gordon UC hasn't played Florida, Alabama or Texas. To which I reply, These teams haven't played each other either. As it stands, only Boise State has actually beaten a team in the Top Ten (Oregon) and Oregon beat USC and USC is the only other school to play a team in the top ten (Oregon) and they lost.

I just galls me that when UC's starts to get a little love, these goofs from the major schools want to discredit them based on the system they created.

Let's have a playoff baby!

No comments: