And there may be no better example than this.........
Totally safe for you; unless you get sick from it. I think I'll take my chances with the flu.
School nurses mistakenly gave the swine flu vaccine to two students who didn't sign up for it - including a Brooklyn girl with epilepsy who wound up in the hospital.
"I was outraged," Naomi Troy, 26, told the Daily News after her 6-year-old daughter, Nikiyah Torres-Pierre, had a possible allergic reaction to the shot.
"My stomach was hurting, and I was itching," Nikiyah said after she was released from the hospital.
The snafu and a similar mixup at a Staten Island school came in the first days of the city's in-school H1N1 vaccination program.
City officials have stressed the vaccine is safe and urged parents to sign up for it - though less than half have sent in permission slips.