Friday, January 01, 2010

Who did they vote for? Celebrity edition


I usually don't put celebrities in this feature because we pretty much already know how most celebrities would vote.

But I'll make an exception to Gilbert Arenas and his Washington Wizards teammate, Javaris Crittendon......

Yup, the Gilbert Arenas gun in his locker story just got a whole lot more interesting, people. For Wizards' fans it just a whole lot more depressing. According to multiple sources, including that minstrel of good cheer, Peter Vescey, Gilbert Arenas and back-up guard Javaris Crittenton pulled guns on one another over a gambling debt on Christmas Eve following practice.

Allegedly, Crittenton was incensed that Arenas welshed on a bet and got in Gilbert's face, saying "I'm not your punk!" Arenas, apparently feeling otherwise, then pulled an unloaded pistol on Crittenton. Crittenton grabbed his own gun and the standoff ensued. It is not clear what happened at this point but obviously (and thankfully) no one was shot.

We don't know what teammates saw the dispute but you have to wonder what Fabricio Oberto was thinking. I am guessing it was something like, "I used to play with Tim Duncan...I used to play with Tim Duncan...I used to play with Tim Duncan...please don't let me get shot!"

These guys are obviously law abiding, concealed carry permit holders so I'm thinking that November, 2009 they pulled the chain for John McCain.

I also know that me and my Redville, republican, redneck, gun toting, buddies usually spend Christmas Eve playing chicken shooting each other.

What say you?

More....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The ironic thing is that the Wizards used be called the Washington Bullets. But they changed the name because they didn't think bullets were a good mascot for the peaceful image they wanted the team to project.