Just review my notes from December.............
Let's assume that these health care bill(s) were a totally kick ass pieces of legislation that would cure all of our country's health care woes.
1) You're telling me that that not one republican wouldn't have signed up so they could go back to their constituents extolling everything they do for them? That's not a politicians nature. It's definitely not a republican's nature
2) You're telling me that not one liberal republican like Snowe, Rinovich, Collins, Grahamnesty, et al wouldn't have loved to jump ship to the dark side given their "bi partisan" make up? Getting all these guys together is like herding cats; next to impossible.
3) If these bills are so awesome, how is it that it took billions of dollars of bribes to even get all the democrats on board?
4) What kind of calculated risk is there here? Again, assuming that this thing is awesome, it means that republicans will be out of power for for at least a half a century for trying to obstruct it. Why would any of them do that?
5) Why do democrats care if any of these get bi partisan support? Let's face it, if I have a great bill I want all the credit. Unless, maybe it's not so great, then I'm looking to spread the blame.
On second thought, maybe I'm giving the republicans too much credit here. Maybe these bills are so horrible that not even one of them can support them; taking no political courage what so ever.
There seems to be a certain irony that this bill passes on the same month that social security now starts redeeming all those IOU's to pay the baby boomers retirement.
I can hear the United moving vans loading up all those manufacturing jobs to Mexico as we speak.
Here's a wager for any liberal out there willing to bet it.
$100.00 says that unemployment under the Obama administration will never be below 8.5%.