Friday, May 03, 2013

Liberalism = Projection

If you are a reader of this blog, you know that I'm a recovering liberal.

Part of process of transitioning into a conservative was a little self awareness. Such as recognizing that, as a liberal, I projected most of my prejudices onto others I accused of being prejudiced.


So should we be surprised when a liberal (a professional student no less) pulls one of these stunts........


A well-known female liberal blogger and radio host at the University of Wyoming (UW) is being accused by police of fabricating a rape threat against herself to appear as if it came from a conservative.

The obscene message directed at activist Meg Lanker-Simons was posted on a college “crush” Facebook page earlier this week and immediately ignited outrage from the college community.

“I want to hate f**k Meg Lanker-Simons so hard. That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn’t care who knows it,” it read. “I think its hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and shes gonna be a good Republican bitch,” the post reads, according to a screenshot.

Before the post was removed, Lanker-Simons commented on it and on her own blog, calling it “disgusting, misogynistic, and apparently something the admins of this page think is a perfectly acceptable sentiment.”

She also encouraged the poster to seek help at the UW Counseling service and ends with the advice:

“Instead of focusing on how angry and turned on me ‘running my mouth’ makes you, perhaps you should listen instead. You might learn something.”

Pot, meet Kettle

More...

For the record, it probably doesn't take 10 years to get that women's study degree. Get a job.


No comments: