Thursday, May 09, 2013

Life in "Progress" City - Detroit edition

Whenever, I'm in a situation to discuss politics with a liberal, I always confront them with the question, "if liberalism is so wonderful, why is Detroit such a shithole?"

Immediately, they almost always want to cast me as some sort of racist. When I offer to choose any other democratic/liberal run city state and/or country, they usually just run and hide.

But seriously, I consider myself above average in intelligence, no genius. But when I look over the terrain of all things liberal, they are usually flaming dumps.

And Detroit is the king..............

Detroit’s emergency manager says the city is bleeding much more red ink than originally thought. 

That’s what Kevyn Orr told WWJ City Beat Reporter Vickie Thomas in an exclusive one-on-one interview.

“The situation is severe,” Orr said. “It’s worse that we originally thought. It ain’t good.”

With just 39 days under his belt, Orr is already putting the final touches on a draft of his 40-plus page financial report, which must be submitted to the state on Monday.

“I’ve been spending virtually every day from March 25 when I got here, looking at the city’s financials. This is an emergency. I’ve got 16 and three-quarters months to deal with it,” he said. “This is truly a financial emergency and we need to move with speed because frankly, we can’t be here in the same position next year.”

So how ignorant is a liberal when they can actually witness the morass of all things they've created and still decide it's a good idea?

More...........


No comments: