Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Election thoughts

One Do you ever wonder why Cleveland is such an armpit? When your electorate is so stupid they reelect Dennis "Burning River" Kucinich to represent them, you don't have to look far.

Two For those who might be pissed that republicans crossed over to vote in their primary, take it easy. You already picked our candidate, turnabout's fair play.

Three How screwed up will polling be in SW Ohio with all these crossovers?

Four Is there anyway to scrub off all the goo I got on myself when I colored in the dot for The Billary? I've tried long showers, white vinegar & bleach. But some how I can still smell the stench.

Five Plunderbund's pissed that Obamamania got it's ass kicked by The Billary. Once again, it's racism when someone would vote The Billary over Obamamania but not vice versa.

Six I guess it's a good thing the zoo got that funding, I'd hate to see all those Tigers with their ribs sticking out.

Seven As I left the polling place yesterday, a woman thanked me for voting. If she knew what I voted on, I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been thanking me.

But it did cause me to question. Why would someone thank me for doing my civic duty? People don't thank me for putting my garbage to the curb each week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gordon - that's not at all what I'm saying.

Identity politics suck. Racism and sexism suck more. Exit polls indicate the likely presence of racism hurting Obama (and identity politics possibly helping Obama and Clinton).

I suggest those interested go read and participate in the discussion at PB.

Anonymous said...

Obama being an african american is a net plus in terms of how many votes he gets. Sure, there are people who won't vote for a him based on skin color. But more vote for him based on skin color.

If skin color was not an issue we wouldn't hear about it, but that's all the media really cares about in his case. And they love him.

gordon gekko said...

these clowns over at plunderbund keep ranting about ohio being racist but then excuse cuyahoga county blacks for voting black.

yet they can't even hear the racism in their own thoughts.