Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Hell Freezes Over

I just got back from the poll and did something I thought I could never do....

Vote for the Billary.

Before I got my crack, I had to sign a document proclaiming my allegiance to the democratic candidates & principles. So I guess I am now a proud supporter of unemployment, poverty, crime & horrible schools.

It was a lot easier than I thought given my incredible dislike of all things Clinton. Hopefully my vote will be the vote that throws the DNC convention into an actual event and not a 8 hour campaign speech.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You weren't the only one. I had to shower after voting for Hillary today. I never thought I'd ever type this but Ohio was a slam dunk for Hillary thanks to republicans. Texas is close. Either way I think she's in it for the long haul. Could be a fun summer.

The Squeaky Wheel said...

I did the same but for Obama because I would rather Obama be in it than risk even a chance of the Clinton Brothers winning... If you keep Hillary out of the game, she can't win!

And then I showered... Like that scene in the Crying Game... fetal position, crying...

gordon gekko said...

I know of four friends who went the dark side and split their votes 2-2 between Obamamania and The Billary.

It would be nice to know how the cross overs voted. For those democrats who want to bitch about us getting in their primary, I say, you picked ours so we're going to pick yours.

Just remember, you did sign a vow to uphold the principles of the democratic party, so go rape, murder or steal from someone today.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, but I held my nose and voted for McCain. I still feel dirty, however.