Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My sentiments exactly

By Abigail Esman of World Defense Review.....

Excerpt
Okay, I'll say it: Barack Obama makes me nervous.

I've tried to keep from writing anything here on presidential politics, but at this point, as more and more information comes out about Senator Obama's links to various people and organizations that are arguably a danger to American security, I think it's time to ask some questions – and it's time the Senator provide some answers. This isn't about "Is Barack Obama a secret Muslim?"; he's not, and even if he were, who cares? But Muslim or not, he surrounds himself with sworn enemies of the state, from William Ayers, the former Weather Underground member, to Jeremiah Wright, to others who have collaborated with Saddam Hussein (no, this is not conspiracy theory. Read on). Why does he choose such people? And how does that jibe with his wife's lack of pride in the USA? More important – what does it tell us about his judgment – that "judgment" he touts as his greatest quality, the reason he should be given the office of the presidency – and entrusted not just with America's safety and security, but with its integrity and standing in the world?

Individually, these questions may not mean very much. Together, I think they point to patterns voters will need to think about very carefully before they cast their ballots, either now or in November:


I believe I've beat her to the punch

No comments: