Monday, April 28, 2008

Who made that call?

As part of my birthday festivities, I went to the local BMV to get my plates.

One of the clerks asked me "do you want to donate a $1 to such and such group". Of course, I didn't want to look stingy in front of all those people so I said "No".

Question. Who made the call to decide that this one charity would be the recipient of a dollar contribution from every licensee in the state. That's a lot of money.

How do I get my favorite charity, Cold Beer for Working Little People, on that list?

Seriously, you'd think they'd ask for money on the organ donation program. How did they come up with this one?

Here's a clue, if people want to kick on for a charity, sit down and write a check, I do it all the time, and it doesn't hurt. The BMV has a hard enough time keeping their lines down to twenty illegals at a time. They shouldn't be in the business of generating money for charity, no matter how noble the cause.

No comments: