Friday, June 20, 2008

It's a '70's flashback

It's been about 20 years since my last intake of all mind altering drugs outside of a Bud Light. But last night, I fell asleep to the TV show Swingtown (maybe the worst show in the history of television next to Cop Rock) and when I woke up, I started to think I was still in the 1970's.

Apparently, CBS wanted all of us to go back to those wonderful days of the 1970's by introducing Swingtown to us. But when I looked at a few blogs I see windfall property taxes, keeping our thermostats down, excessive gasoline prices, and Carter running against Ford. Now I'm convinced that I must have been thrown into a time capsule and shipped to 1976.

What's next? Dorothy Hamil winning the gold? Happy Days as the number 1 TV show? A release of Frampton Comes Alive? Shag haircuts? Big Bell Levi's?

At least the Reds will be a winner again.

No comments: