Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Which party represents my dad?

For the past few days, I've been in a posting rut. I think most of it stems from the visit with my dad on Father's Day.

I've been feeling this frustration on behalf of a guy that's worked his ass off for the last 50 years and I'm wondering, which party represents him?

He's a guy who, while he owns his own business, won't shop at Walmart; even goes so far as trying to find shoes made in America but is tremendously aggravated with a government that screws him over time and time again as it relates to his business; a smokey, old, beer and a shot bar.

I asked him about the new yuppie coffee shop that opened up across the street from his bar.

Quoting Dad, "They stay on their side of the street, we stay on our side of the street and everyone gets along. By the way, why in the hell would anyone pay for a $4 a cup of coffee that's not even as good as White Castle's?"

And yet, many of those yuppies buying that $4 cup of coffee, voted for the state's smoking ban even though they would never even set foot into his bar.

Who the hell do you people think you are?

They're the same people who think their doing a favor to the working guy by increasing the minimum wage. Well for guys like my dad, he just ended up working more since he can't afford to replace people with the new minimum wage workers.

Who the hell do you people think you are?

They're the same people who will vote for paid sick days which will be yet another job and profit killer for guys like my dad.

Who the hell do you people think you are?

Guys like my dad are getting screwed by the excessive gas price increases since his customers have less disposable income.

What is congress doing to rectify that screw job? Not a damn thing.

Now my dad is smart enough to know that it's the arugula eating douche bags of the democratic party responsible for this mess. Yet few of these measures would ever pass if there wasn't complicity on behalf of republicans and so called conservatives who don't seem to have a problem with regulation as long as it's not their business.

The man is 66 years old and still working primarily because the government has made it next to impossible for him to hire motivated workers at a wage he can negotiate with his workers.

So I'm bitter right now. Bitter because a guy who's done nothing but go to work each day, pays his taxes, and does people right, has less representation in government than a fucking polar bear in Alaska or a sea otter off the San Francisco coast.

He's just another gun and God clinging cast off in fly over country for people in Marin County to make fun of; like monkeys at the zoo.

So as far as I'm concerned, both John McCain and Barack Obama can kiss my ass until one of them decides to represent my dad.

1 comment:

Richard Jennings said...

Minimum wage? llook at these high paying jobs posted-

http://www.realmatch.com
http://www.simplyhired.com
http://www.monster.com

Its like I hear one thing and see another.