Monday, September 22, 2008

Being charitable

As I noted in an earlier post, the democrats have found religion! They've even set up a 527 political group called Matthew 25 network.org to prove their compassion for the poor.

Maybe this group can talk to their leaders.

First, you've got Joe Biden who takes care of the "one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' " by giving a whopping 400 bucks a year to charity (or donating all the money he finds in his car's ash tray which ever is less).

Second, they can talk to The Messiah himself, who has literally done nothing for his half brother George Obama despite having earned over $4 million the past couple of years. George Obama lives in a Kenyan slum on $1.00 a month despite having earned over $4 million the past couple of years.

Dinesh D'Dousa, is having a fund drive for George...
The reporter for "The Nation" thought he had me cornered when he asked, "Are you doing this to embarrass Barack Obama?" To which I answered, "Absolutely. He deserves to be embarrassed." The reporter went on to ask me: since when have you developed this great interest in African poverty? I responded that I had only very little interest in African poverty. I happen to come from a very poor country, India, so my philanthropic work is directed there. I only took up the George Obama cause when I heard what a jerk and a hypocrite Barack Obama is being about his sibling. One Obamoron emailed me to say, "Why don't you use your money to help your own impoverished relatives in India?" The answer is that my relatives don't live in huts!


Here are some donor comments which I'll be forwarding to George along with the funds. "This is for the poor brother long forgotten." “A brother is a terrible thing to waste.” "I wish I had a brother, or even a step-brother. George is not my relative and not my race or religion but I still want to contribute to his welfare." "When Obama said that not taking care of the least of our brothers is our greatest moral failure, who knew that he was talking literally about the least of his brothers?" "I never thought I'd be writing a check to anyone named Obama, but I do want to be a true Christian and help this man in his shameful situation." "I'd send more, but I make $9.10 per hour." "I'm unemployed, but I can spare $5 for the Obama Compassion Fund."

I hear a lot from atheists, but interestingly no self-identified atheist contributed a penny. This seems in keeping with sociologist Arthur Brooks’ data showing that secular people are much less generous, both with money and time, than religious people. As Brooks might have predicted, most of my donations came from self-identified Christians, some of them in difficult circumstances themselves. Thanks to this generosity, Barack Obama's half-brother can look forward to the prospect of a better life. George Obama, start packing.

No comments: