Friday, September 26, 2008

Where do you buy gold?

I've had many a client, family, friend ask me, Is there a local place (Cincinnati, OH) where you can walk in and purchase/sell gold at current market price (obviously with a commission related to the sale)?

Most people refer me to coin dealers, pawn shops, jewelers and these places are all willing to sell you gold at the current market price and will be more than willing to buy it back at about 10-20% of the current price and rip you off.

I'm looking for a place like a brokerage house for commodity metals gold, silver, etc.

Given that bunch of NCC stock I bought at $5/share (thinking it was at rock bottom) dropped $3 a share in about an hour this morning, I'm thinking gold as well.

If you know of one, please let me know in the comment section.

2 comments:

Mark_McNally said...

I hear Nat City is going to zero sometime tonight.

Bernanke & Paulson will then give the deposits to JPM or GS or someone else leaving the shareholders with exactly nothing.

Those vultures are starting to annoy me.

Anonymous said...

Take a look at...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methods_of_investing_in_gold

Gold backed securities can be bought and sold like stock. Probably the easiest method, but if you are so concerned that you feel that physical gold is the best option, probably eagle coins. You would probably pay a little more premium to buy and sell physical gold.