Sunday, September 07, 2008

Bengals fans

I like to think of Bengals fans as clones of Clark Griswold, the character from the Vacation movies and I'm Marty, the black jack dealer from Vegas Vacation.

To paraphrase a quote from Marty "why don't you just give me half of your season ticket money, I'll kick you in the balls and we'll call it even".

On a serious note, who is the last ass kicking team member, coach or owner to grace either the Reds or Bengals. Really, when is Palmer going to throw a ball at one of his offensive lineman for throwing a look out block.

This city has spent a billion dollars in stadia. We don't deserve this.

But it does put in play an old adage "You rarely get what you deserve. Usually you get what you're willing to put up with".

This city continues to put up with a-holes. I guess that's what we get.

4 comments:

Ben said...

O/U on Marvin Lewis finishing the season with the Bengals before he gets fired or resigns? I'd say around Week 11.

gordon gekko said...

My prediction. He'll finish the season because the Brown's don't like to pay on contracts where people aren't there.

I believe he'll leave on his own.

Matt Hurley said...

Marvelous St. Marvin ain't going anywhere... Where else is a defensive genius like him going to get away with putting up Swiss Cheese for a defense EVERY year...???

Plus, Gordon is right...Mike Brown is too cheap to do the right thing and fire St. Marvin...

gordon gekko said...

In my mind, firing Lewis is like putting a band aid on a gun shot wound.

Any coach that would take this job with the current front office infrastructure will be every bit the loser Lewis, Coslett, LeBoBo, Shula, etc. are until a major over haul of the front office takes place.