Monday, September 08, 2008

What is community organizing?

Apparently, I'm not the only person who's not really sure what the "community organizer" moniker entails. It turns out that even Obama himself doesn't really know.
Even Obama didn’t know when he first gave it a try back in 1985. “When classmates in college asked me just what it was that a community organizer did, I couldn’t answer them directly,” Obama wrote in his memoir, Dreams from My Father. “Instead, I’d pronounce on the need for change. Change in the White House, where Reagan and his minions were carrying on their dirty deeds. Change in the Congress, compliant and corrupt. Change in the mood of the country, manic and self-absorbed. Change won’t come from the top, I would say. Change will come from a mobilized grass roots.”

Byron York at NRO is actually doing some vetting on Obama's community organizing activity has some great insights as to what Obama's activities actually entailed.

More.....

No comments: